Monday, February 26, 2007

MORE RECENTLY?...but still not today

So this brings me to now pretty much…more or less…a few weeks ago we had a youth club sleepover…and then that same weekend, same day pretty much we did a bag pack for Argentina…and we spent about 7 hours packing people’s grocery bags…unbelieveable huh??..do they do that kind of stuff in the states? Because if they do..sign me up!..we raised over $800 in a day!..wild huh? Soo some other fundraisers we have planned for Argentina are MORE bag packs, a party, easter breakfast, church auction and lunch (if you have any items to auction, send them my way..haha..i love mail!), soccer tournament, a bookstall and some others…and last but not least….SPEED DATING! (how funny is that going to be??) don’t worry I will take loads of pictures!

I am planning loads of events right now…little did I know that this year I would basically be a cook, an event planner, a secretary, a friend, a mentor, a mission trip leader, Sunday school teacher….blah blah blah….BUT this Tuesday we have another dinner for the international students, expecting around 100 students, and then on the 17th of March I am planning a St Patrick’s day event…so if you don’t have any plans just come to Belfast! So I had to organize the evening and how to fill the evening…and what the menu was going to consist of, and who is cooking it..(ME!) and doing desserts…and so on and so on…anyhow…I have basically been sooo very overwhelmed, and then I have Argentina stuff on top of that, and like I said before there is SOO much planning that goes into that! And truly sometimes I wonder why I am going because it’s soo much effort and soo much money that I truly do not have, and I just keep feeling a tug at my heart and the Lord saying Malia don’t worry about the money, I will provide for you, LET ME provide for you. But then there’s this thing called pride, and I think really Lord do we have to fundraise and ask people for money?? It is soo embarrassing at times, and so very hard for me to do…

No comments: