Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PEACE...what does it mean to have peace?...

According to Wikipedia...Peace can be a state of harmony or the absence of hostility. "Peace" can also be a non-violent way of life."Peace" is used to describe the cessation of violent conflict. Peace can mean a state of quiet or tranquility — an absence of disturbance or agitation. Peace can also describe a relationship between any people characterized by respect, justice, and goodwill. Peace can describe calm, serenity, and silence. This latter understanding of peace can also pertain to an individual's sense of himself or herself, as to be "at peace" with one's own mind.

According to the magnet we have on our fridge...Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the mist of those things and still be calm in your heart.

So that brings me to how I define peace...quite strangely, it is pretty similar to the quote on the magnet... a few weeks ago at church Pastor Richard Dahlstrom read from John 14:27-30, which states...

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you ' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe. I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.


And it just reminded me about my life...and my soul and how I am able to find peace even amidst the chaos in the world and in my life through my faith...through Jesus, and for this I will be forever thankful. There is a way to find joy anywhere...and the peace I receive from my faith and the Lord will continue and it will last even when the world is collapsing and things seem to be falling apart.

No comments: