Wednesday, March 21, 2007


SPRING IS ON ITS WAY…


So I was walking through the park recently and the flowers are coming up…tulips, daffodils, pretty soon the roses, and I just waned to pick them ALL and tuck them under my coat and take them home with me…they would look really nice in my own house..but I just thought wow…soon I will be leaving Belfast, this place I have become so familiar with, this place I have started to call home, this place that has become more familiar to me than Seattle really… I just started thinking about how much I truly will miss this city…rain and all

And then I started thinking…what if Belfast wasn’t the reason why I came…what if the city and the history wasn’t really the reason why I came back…I mean maybe I think that was the reason why I loved it here..and maybe it was and still is…but maybe the lord had other plans for me in mind…and he needed my love for the city to bring me back here…what if it was more about my relationship with Peter…or the relationships with the children and the youth?…what if it was more about Argentina?…

Soo many thoughts I have daily…and rereading what I just typed confuses even me! But all I know is that when I look back on my time in Belfast, I will remember the second half of my time much more vividly and with much more fondness than the first half! Even though I have been overwhelmed and stressed, worried, anxious …and soo many other things in regards to the Argentina trip…it has forced me to truly look to the Lord to calm my heart and to truly give me peace …it has been such a humbling experience as well, and it has brought me so much closer to the Lord…I am forced to trust him in a way I never have before..

No comments: