Sunday, February 15, 2009

WEDDING PLANNING: the challenge

Wedding planning...we are making progress, but to be honest it has been such a challenge. I have truly struggled with the amount of money one can spend on their wedding...how excessive it all seems. Have we lost sight of the true meaning of weddings? How are we as Christians being stewards of the money we have been blessed with? How are we as Christians representing Christ with our wedding plans? With the way we spend our money? So many questions I have wrestled with...i have even struggled with the whole idea of registering for gifts only for peter to reassure me that they even do this kind of stuff in Africa with dowries..=)

So my hope and my prayer is that our wedding reflects us...our faith, our love for the Lord, our love for each other, our passion for justice and healing, and our love for family and friends!

No comments: