Monday, January 19, 2009

Burden Bearer...who am i?

Just reading these words make my heart feel heavy. I am a burden bearer...I carry everyones burdens on my shoulders until its just too heavy and i can't carry it anymore, and i must...i must let them go because i just can't go on. The thing is...no one has asked me to carry them, but I just do...people come to me and confide in me...they think I am strong and instead of turning around and giving it back to the Lord...i carry it far longer than I should. I put too much pressure on myself and when I fail to make something happen or when nothing changes I blame myself...I have turned this gift and this blessing into feelings of resentment.

I am the middle child, I am the peacemaker, the reconciler and the mediator. All these things come naturally to me, yet I have come to resent them.

This past year I have been trying to get out from under these roles that I have placed on myself...these expectations that others have placed on me. I have been trying to recognize this gift that I have been given while being grateful for it rather than resentful....and it is a challenge, let me tell you!

But by the grace of God...i keep on pushing on. I keep on untangling the expectations and the roles...and the lies...and I am slowly getting out from under the entanglement. I am starting to feel a bit more free and my burdens feel a bit more light...praise the lord!

No comments: