Monday, January 7, 2008

Library

So I am at the library right now...and I was telling Peter last night that it has become my secret obsession. Well it's not so secret considering so many people know how wonderful I think the library is. Strange I know, but I get so excited when I see a book at the bookshop that I want to buy...and then I think ...brilliant ill just put it in my que at the library and then it is FREE!

But for me...it is like Christmas when a book or dvd I have been waiting for is available for pickup. And then I walk the couple blocks to the library to collect them and it is a neverending process, but I love it all the same.

Simply put...I love reading. I love books and I love getting recommendations from people ...reading those books, either loving them or wishing I had never read them and then turning around to recommend that book or another to someone else. Reading to me is like entering into another world...I truly place myself into that persons shoes and fully experience the book and the story.

Just recently I read the book Into Thin Air...and let me tell you...it is an amazing story, but such a sad and devastating story. My roommates came into my room late one night and I was up reading the book. And they were wondering if I was all right because my face was all scrunched up and I just responded by saying...IM STRESSED OUT..this book is stressing me out. And after reading that book I read Memoirs of a Boy Soldier..a Long Way gone about a boy soldier from Sierra Leone and the turmoil and heartache this boy went through. Through both books my heart was aching and I longed to share these stories with other people...

So yes, I do have a love for books and the library, but sometimes it can cause me trouble. sometimes I stay up WAY past my bedtime just so I can get to a point in the book where I feel okay setting it down, only to wake up in the morning and pick it up...sometimes I would rather read my book than spend time with people or do the things that need doing...=)

But at least I am able to recognize this and instead of reading at the library I am writing at the library.

No comments: