Saturday, April 21, 2007

Comings and goings…

Soo…Peter and I went to Portugal this past week, which was wonderful, but that’s for a different entry, and we flew out of Dublin into Porto and it was on this flight from Dublin that I realized that I would soon leave this country on a one way ticket, return date unknown …how strange is that, every time I have flown this year I have known I would be back to Belfast, each destination was merely temporary. I didn’t have to say my goodbyes or pack up my life here because I would soon be returning to Belfast and the return date was known. I know I will be back..but when? And how? And for how long? It will never be quite the same.

I have been here 8 months now…WOW. Where does the time go? The first few months here were terrible and soo challenging, and I truly struggled so much, but I perservered and I truly feel as though the Lord has honored that. Things seem so much easier now. I am much more settled now and the truth is I have gotten use to how things are…I am use to not having TV and reading loads of books. I am use to not having my girl friends around (not that that’s a good thing because that’s one thing I truly CRAVE!!!). I am use to being around little kids and chatting with old people (no offense if you fall in that category!). I am use to not driving and using public transportation…I am use to a church community.

But saying all this just makes me ralize that yes I may have adjusted to all these things, but it doesn’t mena I prefer bein so far away from my family and friends. It doesn’t mean I don’t miss being surrounded by people who really KNOW me and appreciate me for being ME! It doesn’t mean I don’t miss my favorite Tv show and my car…

When I look back on my time in Belfast, I will remember the garden during spring time, I will remember walks and bike rides on the river, I will remember smells and all the trees and pastures. It truly has become my home, my city, my church, my room, my shops, and leaving Dublin just made me realize all of this…

Belfast has captured my heart because of the memories, the people, but most importantly because of my close encounters with God. He has searched me and called me and found me in such different ways this past year and in such different places (Belfast and Mexico)…and because I know this, I know I could go anywhere and be anything and HE would show up…I never want to escape this being, this relationship, this friend…I take Him everywhere I go.

No comments: